Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Hand Woven Scarves

Although it's mid-summer it's time to start getting the shop ready for the winter months.
 
In the week I started to weave a few scarves.  I use a rigid heddle loom for the scarves I have listed, this type of loom allows me to use different yarns and techniques.
 
The first scarf I added to the shop is made from 3 shades of yarn fingering weight yarn in a plaid pattern.  With this scarf I let the plaid pattern do the work for the looks of this scarf.  The scarf is 69" long giving it a good length to wear in a variety of ways.
 
 
The next scarf I added today is woven using a hand-painted fingering weight yarn.  The wonderful thing about hand-painted yarn can give a faux-plaid effect or in the case of this scarf some nice pooling effect.  I chose a waffle weave pattern which gives this scarf a nice thick and soft feel.

 
Thank you for stopping by my store blog.  Please sign up and follow my blog by email that way you can keep up on my works in progress for my Etsy store.
 
Mary
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment